Scrapbook Expo: Watercolors

I went to my very first scrapbook expo this month and took my very first craft class: watercoloring!

20150808_095243
Unfortunately, my mom was supposed to attend, but had to stay home ill. Instead of having her ticket go to waste, I took her place in the watercolor class and ended up falling in love with it.
The class was given by BEE*Creative owner Karen, who is absolutely wonderful.

20150808_105709
It was a really good introductory class. The kit we received was enough to make 3 cards, which we only had time to get started. The class was an hour long, but I wish it were 2! I had such a wonderful time. My favorite was the splatter technique!

20150808_100354
By the end of the class, my sister and I were both convinced our mom needed a set of these amazing, pigmented watercolors. We purchased the Gansai Tambi 36 water color set from her booth--actually, in the end, we ended up purchasing 3! My sister knew she wanted her own set, and said she would share it with me, but I hemmed and hawwed about it, and in the end I decided I needed my own set, too! I can't wait to create something for our family craft group!

1 comments:

  1. I love my watercolor set! They're so concentrated they can be bright or light. It's great working with quality paint. Thanks again for splurging on me!

    ReplyDelete

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com