Project 2 of 52

Project 2 of 52
Pizza Zucchinis

I spotted this "Healthy Pizza!" on Pinterest (Source: Sweet C's Designs) and decided to give it a shot myself last night, with a couple of alterations.

20150125_174302
I used three simple ingredients: cheese, Bertolli's marinara sauce and zucchini. Sweet C's Designs recipe calls for Spaghetti sauce, but I had a mini crisis at Target when choosing the sauce--I would never call myself a cook and I got overwhelmed by the variety of spaghetti sauces and flavors. There were so many! I knew what marinara tasted like and used it as a safe choice.

20150125_174316
I popped the zucchini into the oven while it was preheating, for about 8 minutes. It allowed the squash to soften a bit, but still stay on the harder side. Sweet C's Designs enjoys hers slightly baked, but I wanted mine softer rather than raw, and not completely soft.

20150125_180411
I pulled them out of the oven, put marinara on each slice, topped it with cheese, and popped it in the oven for about 4 more minutes. They came out delicious! I thought they'd be a quick snack that I made once, but both my mom and I enjoyed them and it became our dinner. Tomorrow night we're trying it with yellow squash!



2 comments:

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com