Pen Collection: Another Lot of Randoms

I gathered another round of randoms for review!

20141012_124611
The Foray StyleMark pen in fine tip was another excellent discovery! It's a felt tip style pen that dries quickly (great for Project Life cards!) and the color is reliable.

20141012_124557
I am finding I am a big fan of the smaller sized felt tips, but I like my ballpoints to be in the larger sizes.

20141012_124715
I purchased just one Staedtler pigment liner Calligraphy pen. I fiddled around with Calligraphy when I was in middle school and high school, but it was so sporadic I never really learned. So add this to the impulse by pile because it's yet another pen I need to learn to use!

20141012_124659
I love Staedtler pens (the fine tip felt pens will show up in a future post) and, as expected, the pen performs well with both a strong pigment and flow of ink.

20141012_124815
You know how sometimes you have a random pen appear in your stash and you're not quite sure where it came from? That's how this Uni-Ball Fusion pen appeared to in my stash. I was probably attracted to it because it has blue ink, but it's clearly been well used (by someone else!).

20141012_124756
The jury is still out on this one. The ink seems to settle inconsistently and the blue is too light to read in a letter without eye strain.

20141012_125003
I'm not going to lie: I bought both of these Monami Love Pet pens because they had dogs on them. I had never heard of the brand and assumed they would be cheap pens with inconsistent flow, and at the time I thought I was lucky the rest of the breeds were sold out when I picked these up.

20141012_124934
And I was completely wrong! These pens have a wonderfully thin tip and write precise, thin letters. The ink flows well and I have had no issues with the flow. I may have allowed the dog lover inside me to become distracted by the adorable photos on the ends of the pens, but I am in no way sorry I purchased them!

20141017_181041
I tested the bleed through on two types of paper.
The first is the Loose Life filler paper I have always enjoyed writing on and is a bit thin. This particular pack of paper is vintage and I have not yet purchased a new pack to compare the paper quality.
The second is your standard computer printer paper (which is the white to the right of the photo) and is a bit thicker.

20141017_192129
Front View

20141017_192147
Back View: As expected, due to the strong flow and dark pigment of the Staedtler pen, there is quite a bit of bleed through on both types of paper. The others fair a lot better with a bit of ghosting, and none at all from the orange Foray Stylemark.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com