Pen Collection: My Favorite Pentel Pens

Pentel is one of those companies that knows what is going on! They're created Sunburst Metallic gel ink pens and they work. They write beautifully, smoothly, and have the perfect amount of metallic sheen to them.

20141012_123008
The pen writes a bit chunky so it's difficult to write precisely, however, that just lends itself to the ink flowing well, and for that I can't complain.

20141012_122946
The pens come in a lovely array of colors and I have 5 of them. I believe I am missing bronze, but I tend to pick them up when I come across them in a store, so I don't know for sure. They're approximately $2 apiece and well worth it, especially if you've ever used a metallic pen that just doesn't know how to do it's job correctly!

20141012_125508
While I'm on a Pentel roll, let me talk about these beauties. They are Pentel's R.S.V.P. pens that come in a multitude of colors. You can generally find them in a pack of two at the 99 Cent Store, but I've also randomly come across them in the Dollar Tree Store. One of the things I love about these pens is not only are they reliable, but I can personalize them. My first blog post on this blog was how to insert paper (I used an old map) into the barrel. I've since used scrapbook paper, washi tape and actually funneled glitter down into it as well.

20141012_125610
These pens are not perfect, but they've become quite the staple in my life. I was never looking for smooth writing or high quality ink when I came across these pens. I bought them one day and discovered the ink is reliable, the barrel is comfortable in my hand, and they're affordable. I own them in several colors (but only what I can find at the dollar stores!) and keep them in stock at home and at work. As you can see in the above photo, occasionally you have to scratch over the same letter twice and the ink can gather a bit, but I love them because they do the job they are meant to do and if I decide to toss the note I've just scratched out, I don't feel like I'm wasting one of my good pends.

20141017_181041
I tested the bleed through on two types of paper.
The first is the Loose Life filler paper I have always enjoyed writing on and is a bit thin. This particular pack of paper is vintage and I have not yet purchased a new pack to compare the paper quality.
The second is your standard computer printer paper (which is the white to the right of the photo) and is a bit thicker.

20141017_183121
Front View

20141017_183142
Back View: The Starburst pens have a strong pigment to them so there is a tiny bit of bleed through with the ghosting on the thinner paper. As expected, there is very little ghosting with the RSVP pens and both pens hold up well on the thicker computer paper.

And did I mention you can personalize the RSVP pens?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com