Pen Collection: ZEBRA Prefill Pens

Just like last week's Morning Glory Pens, these were both purchased from JetPens and I had to go back for more! There are so many aspects of these pens that I have fallen in love with so far, and I have only been using them for less than a month.

One of the neatest parts about these pens are that you customize them right for them get go: you purchase the empty barrel by itself and choose the inks separately that you want to go in them. You can fill them with all red ink or whatever mixture you want to fill them with!

As I mentioned in my last post, I have carpal tunnel so certain pens cause me pain to hold. This 3 color multipen is the perfect size. I have now written entire journal pages without stopping because it kept the pain in my hand away! They have a 4 color multipen but I decided to forgo purchasing one because the 3 color size fits in my hand so well.

20141012_120537
I love that you can add whatever colors and sizes you want (within what's in stock, of course!). This was the first pen I purchased and I filled it with .07 and .04 inks, immediately rearranging them when I got in my second order. I have made my blue polka dot pen hold my favorite size inks: .07.

The ink flows so smoothly, with absolutely no scratching, that writing takes very little effort. I filled this one with darker ink colors because I've been carrying it with me to work to use (before bringing it back home to use at home!). I chose black, blue and green.

20141012_120704
My next pen I made sort of a mismash, experimental pen. The first thing I did was swap the clear end that came with the white polka dot pen for the blue end that came with the solid blue pen (see below). Next, I threw in a mixture of inks: I put in the .07 red because it's a brighter color and less used, so it wasn't necessary to add to the pen above that I've been using at work.

The second color I chose was .04 purple--I actually use a lot of purple at work because it's easy on the eyes without being too bright or too dark. (Our documents get scanned so, at the end of the day, as long as the color scans, those we correspond with will never know if we've used black, red or purple!).

20141012_121032
The final barrel I chose was the second part of the experiment: a mechanical pencil! I don't use pencil that often but, quite frankly, I wanted to see how this works! With that being said, I haven't figured out how the pencil is pushed out once more lead is needed, but since I don't use pencil a lot, I will figure that out when the time comes and not before, just in case you can't push it back up the barrel like you can a regular mechanical pencil! This one has .07 lead.

20141012_120918
The last pen I purchased was a solid blue pen, so for some variety I switched out the blue end for the clear end that came with the pen above. (JetPens has a 3rd polka dot pen in pink, but I'm not much of a pink person so I opted for a second blue one.) Now, these inks are a bit different from the .07 size. The smaller ones do tend to scratch the paper, but I love how thin they write so I couldn't pass them up, especially since the barrel of the pen suits my hand so well.

I purchased a second .04 purple ink for this pen since I knew if I decided to leave a pen at work this would be it, as well as the .05 in light blue and black in order to compare how they wrote next to the .04. The .05 inks scratch when you write as well, but if you want particular colors (such as the light blue, which only came in the .05 size at the time I purchased them), you may not have a choice what size you get.

20141012_121108
All in all, these pens make me very happy and have made writing a happy experience again!

20141017_181041
I tested the bleed through on two types of paper.
The first is the Loose Life filler paper I have always enjoyed writing on and is a bit thin. This particular pack of paper is vintage and I have not yet purchased a new pack to compare the paper quality.
The second is your standard computer printer paper (which is the white to the right of the photo) and is a bit thicker.

20141017_184408
Front View: Testing all inks and sizes, including pencil.

20141017_184442
Back View: Since these are much like your standard ball point pens, the ghosting is nearly non existent on the slightly thicker computer paper. There's a light ghosting on the thinner binder paper, but I would not have an issue writing a double sided letter to a penpal with this and have already used it in my journal many times.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com