Pen Collection: Morning Glory Mach 3 Rollers

Morning Glory Mach 3 Roller Ball Pens
I purchased these pens at JetPens, which has all sorts of fabulouslessness within its depths.

20141012_120124
I ordered one blue-black pen with my first JetPens order, which was a huge mistake. As you can see from the photo, I had to make sure I had two of them, plus a few other colors to try.

They are not the usual type of pens that I prefer. They are only size 0.38, and generally I prefer larger sizes. They also scratch when they write, although that isn't an inkflow problem. The ink flows well, allowing less pressure on the pen against the paper, which means you don't have to grip the pen tightly or squeeze your hand together in order to push it towards the paper--it just flows out. This is great for someone like me who has advanced carpal tunnel. They're a pleasure to write with, which is clearly why I had to add more to my collection!

20141012_120026
I have only two regrets with these pens:

The first, that I didn't purchase another brown. I love that brown color. It feels like you're writing in sepia, or an old photograph. I saw a video on YouTube pen review asking, "Why would anyone need a brown pen?" my question is, "Why wouldn't you need a brown pen?"

My second regret is the yellow--it's the only color I've tried so far that I don't like (and eventually I plan to try them all). You can sort of see the smear of yellow between the orange and brown lines, but if you look at the first photo on this entry you'll see it a bit in the background if you squint. I expected more of a marigold yellow than florescent neon and I have no idea what you could possibly use this pen for.

20141017_181041
I tested the bleed through on two types of paper.
The first is the Loose Life filler paper I have always enjoyed writing on and is a bit thin. This particular pack of paper is vintage and I have not yet purchased a new pack to compare the paper quality.
The second is your standard computer printer paper (which is the white to the right of the photo) and is a bit thicker.

20141017_184928
Front view: The second (invisible looking) line is the florescent yellow pen. I am still gobsmacked by it: What is it's purpose?

20141017_185002
Back view: The bleed through on the binder paper is significant enough that I would not use any pen but the orange (the 3rd color down) to write a penpal letter on binder paper. Both the orange and green do not have enough bleed through on computer paper to worry me, but the bleed through on the darker inks (both the brown and blue black) are dark enough on both papers that I would not use it on a journal where I wrote on both sides, unless the paper was exceptionally thicker than these.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com