Mixed Media Book Challenges 1 & 2


One of the things that scares me the most is looking at a blank canvas and being told to paint something, or looking at a blank piece of paper and being told to draw. I am a terrible artist. I am a great crafter--a Jack of All Trades, Master of None! I am very creative, but being an artist? Nope. 

Even so, The Little House Out Back and I have finally begun issuing each other prompts for our Mixed Media journals that we created back in March. (March! Can you believe we've had the covers done this long and are just now starting the pages themselves?) It is time to get out of our comfort zone.

20140921_162332
Our first challenge was issued by my mom and it was to find something to do with miniature buttons. Thus, my mom's red buttons became apples and I created rain out of little blue ones.

20140928_200814
Our second challenge was completed just yesterday. I was digging through a drawer and discovered paper bees I made when I first got my Silhouette Cameo, maybe two years ago. I thought it'd be a great challenge to use something that I created that is has been essentially useless to me up until this point. I didn't know what I would do with mine, I just thought it would be neat to see how both used the paper cutouts, and I issued the second challenge. Suddenly, I became inspired!

20140928_202040-kdcollage
I am working my way though Pushing Daisies (and am currently on season 2). I was inspired to create a hive based off the ones Ned gives Chuck and, even though I normally hate anything I draw, I gotta say I am pretty happy with my hive! What do you think?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com