My Great Grandparent's Bible

My Great Grandma (my Mamaw's mom) presented this bible to my great grandfather (my Mamaw's Daddy), probably because his was falling apart. The title page shows she gave it to him on March 16, 1960. After he passed away in the '70s, it looks like my great grandmother took possession and used it instead of her own. Let me apologize ahead of time for the yellow title page--I had limited lighting when I took the photos and could not get a decent photo of it. I hope to take more photos of the bibles during my next trip to see my grandparents.

My great grandfather's Bible

My great grandfather's Bible
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord, my strength, and my redeemer. 
--Psalm 19:14 (KJV) 

My great grandfather's Bible 
My great grandfather's Bible
My great grandfather's Bible
 
My great grandfather's Bible
My great grandfather's Bible
 
My great grandfather's Bible

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com