More Clothespins!?

I made another batch of clothespins! Did you think I could resist? This time, I decided to go back to washi tape, but I ended up using several different kinds of decorative tape.

Newest batch of clothespins
I used American Crafts Tazzel glitter tape for these. They were the perfect width! I just had to cut the length to size. I sealed everything with Triple Thick, which gave it a matte, glitter look, but I love it.

Newest batch of clothespins
These pins are my biggest fail. I don't expect them to hold up for long.
I purchased the tape at a Cath Kidson store in Windsor when I visited England at the end of last summer. (Quite frankly, there wasn't much in that store I could afford aside from the tape!)
It's plastic decorative tape so while I still "glued" the tape down with my Triple Thick, I opted not to seal the top of the clothespins like I have done with virtually every other clothespin I have made. I just did not see the Triple Thick holding to the top of the clothespin well, especially with the wear and tear on them since they're used as chip clips. The plastics aren't sealed down all the way and have already lifted up a bit, but I figured since I hauled the tape back home from overseas, I was going to use it whether it looked good or not!

Newest batch of clothespins
These clothespins were covered with good old-fashioned washi tape!
Okay, maybe not old fashioned, that would probably mean the real washi tape from Japan. The end designs are from Micheal's and the middle is one of my Jenni Bowlin tapes.

Newest batch of clothespins
I used some newer washi purchases on these, my favorite being the sprinkles washi tape that Target put out during Valentine's day. I checked my Target several times, as well as another Target, before I discovered a that roll--the last one!--on clearance after the holiday.

Newest batch of clothespins

Newest batch of clothespins

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com