Writing 2013


I've almost always had a journal, either online or a physical one. One habit I picked up in 2011 I enjoyed was obtaining a daily planner and using it at the end of my day rather than to plan my week. I started noting lunches with friends, movies seen, books read and more. Anything of note, happy or sad.

It gave me a record of my life. Something I could flip back through every so often and see that my adult life isn't just a blur of work and migraines, it's more than that--all the little, small moments in life mean something. Those moments make my life.

This year, I have three ways to record those moments. The first is, for the 3rd year in a row, a weekly planner. I also purchased a daily journal. There is space for just a couple of paragraphs a day and I plan to use it for anything I feel like writing--just as long as I write something each day. (My planner is more for facts--events that happened, etc. My daily journal will be for emotions & feelings.)

The third, most awesome, is a 12 month set of small journals my mom gifted me on Christmas. I am using it to keep track of my New Years Resolution progress. I am keeping myself accountable to improve myself through my Resolutions and already am writing down anything pertaining to them. For example, I've made quite a few bracelets over the last week, which covers my "Create More" Resolution. I'll also use it to jot down any ideas I have and to follow up on them.

I'm a very writing-oriented person. Even if some of these might seem repetitive, like they're overlapping one another, it's something I enjoy doing. It's part of what makes me, me. I'm always scribbling in a notebook or making a list, keeping track of something, somehow. So, for the next year, I'll be writing a bit of something every day.

Book haul

Book haul

Book haul

Book haul

Book haul

Book haul


1 comments:

  1. I wish I had written more in my younger years. You're so wise to write when and where you can.

    ReplyDelete

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com