The Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare

Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
Book 2 in the Infernal Devices Series


I finished Book #1 of the year! What a great way to start out the new year. This series was also a great way to end 2012! I finished Clockwork Angel, Book 1 of the series, just one day before the end of the year.

The Infernal Devices series is the prequel to the Mortal Instruments series. I should disclose that I haven't read the Mortal Instruments series yet. Yikes! I attempted to read it a couple of years ago and could not get into it. I put the book down, book mark in place, and left it on the shelf. Two weeks ago, my sister picked up her copy of Clockwork Angel and started raving about it. I brought out the first 4 books in the Mortal Instruments series I owned but did not read and in less than week she had read all 5 books!

She was so excited so I decided to give it another shot. I am so glad I did! I don't want to make this a true review because I don't want to spoil the first book if someone has not read it, but I am really enjoying the Infernal Devices series.

Cassandra Clare is excellent! I am so enjoying the world that Cassandra Clare has created. At first I wasn't sure what year it was set in, but I gather it's the latter half of the 1800's. It's set in London, where the grime of the city rubs off on women's fashionable dresses and no one but those with supernatural senses can see the London Institute for Shadowhunters. There are Shadowhunters and Downworlders, vampires and werewolves, and mechanical devices of unspecified origin.

In the first book, Clockwork Angel, Tessa Gray finds out she's something more than human. Clockwork Prince expands on who-or what-she might be, as well as leading the fight for the London Institute. Cassandra Clare's vocabulary is so descriptive you feel as if you are walking the halls of the Institute yourself, learning to survive in a world you didn't know existed, and trying to figure out who you can trust.

The third book in the series, Clockwork Princess, will be released on March 3. I highly recommend this book series and will be reading The Mortal Instruments series next (there are currently 5 books released in The Mortal Instruments series with the 6th, City of Heavenly Fire, due out March 2014).

This review is also on Goodreads.


Clockwork Prince


Clockwork Prince


Reading




Clockwork Prince


Clockwork Prince


Clockwork Prince

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com