My Week in Review

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year's celebration! I had a very quiet one at home, and a very short week at work--only 3 days. Why is it the shortest weeks at work seem the longest?

I have been making progress on my New Year's Resolutions. I use my Resolutions as motivation and as goals, not as something I make every year and then forget about.

One Resolution or Goal I am still not sure if I want to do is the 365 Photo Challenge. I have attempted it twice and failed each time. This is only the 5th day of 2013, but I have taken a photo each day so far. I figured I would take it one week at a time and see if it's something I want to do this year before I commit. I don't want to make it a stressful commitment, I want to make it enjoyable. I thought a fun way to record the photos for that week would be to do a week in review so until I decide if I want to commit or forgo the 365 day challenge, here are my first five photos of the year:

Mom Made Chili Riallnos 
January 1st: Mom's first attempt at Chili Rellenos...success!

Grateful Jar
January 2nd: Our family's Grateful Jar is created!
This was an idea going around on Pinterest. Each time something good happens, you write it on a piece of paper and save it in the jar. When New Year's Eve rolls around, you read the papers and reminiscence about the good moments from throughout the year.

Reading
January 3rd: My trashy romance novel I've been reading since October.
I passed the series on to my Mamaw a few months ago...During his last trip, she passed it on to my dad!

P1020474
January 4th: Book #1 of my 50 Book Challenge is complete!
Clockwork Prince is Book #2 in the Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare.

P1020477
January 5th: Chicken Soup.
I tried ZzzQuil last night and learned not to take it on a work night. I slept nearly 12 hours last night, then took a two hour nap! The most productive part of my day was eating a delicious bowl of Chicken Soup.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com