Isolation by Dan Wells


Isolation was amazing. Dan Wells is an incredibly descriptive writer without being overly so. The pictures he creates in your mind help pull you into not just the story, but the world of the story.

Isolation is a short prequel to Partials. In Partials we vaguely heard about the Isolation War--a war the Partials (essentially genetically manufactured bodies) won for the humans. In Isolation, we learn the details of that war, how the Partials won it and what consequences the win had that lead to the world in the start of the Partials book.

One of my favorite things in books that are connected (such as prequels and companion novels, not just within a series itself) is when an author makes a connection between the books that seem so far apart--books that are separated by time or space. It's exciting to me when a character shows up, or an event is explained, and suddenly more of the story, more of that world, makes sense. Isolation had many of those moments and was an amazing thrill to read.

A special thanks to dawt (my mom!) of The Little House Out Back, who not only let me borrow her Kindle to read the story, but purchased the book for me. I fear I may have frightened her with my excitement about finding out there was another Partials story I could read right now! The second book in the series, Fragments, comes out on February 26.

This review is also on Goodreads.





Isolation by Dan Wells


Isolation by Dan Wells

2 comments:

  1. You can use my Kindle any ol' time, you're welcome. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Thank you for the blog mention!

    ReplyDelete

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com