Heart House Ornament


OrnamentsEarlier this year I discovered a beautiful handmade paper ornament on the blog Michele made me. I couldn't get it out of my head--even when I misplaced the link! I had planned on making this for an ornament exchange I participated in this year, but had to go with something else since I was unable to find it. Of course, I found it once the exchange was over, but that didn't stop me from trying my hand at it. You can bet your buttons that I'll be making these for the exchange next year! Maybe even a big one and a miniature one. They're so easy! All you need is a few supplies, including last year's Christmas cards (or check out the dollar store!), some twine or yarn, beads and some glue (I used Aleene's Tacky Glue).







Ornaments
I am SO happy with how they came out! I am going to be on the lookout for Christmas cards all year in preparation for the 2013 ornament exchange. You can follow Michele's Heart House Tutorial to make the same gorgeous ornament.


I even turned the hearts I cut out of the center of the house ornament into an ornament of their own. It came out adorable! I love the touch the glass beads give. I do have to admit I used the fold of the Christmas cards as the fold on my ornaments. It was my first time making them and I was unsure of how they would come out, so I didn't want to put a lot of time into it if I ended up making a mistake. (Remember the aforementioned ornament exchange? I'll post about it later, but for now I'll just share that I had an entire batch of ornaments go in the garbage before making the final ones for the exchange... I was extra weary when it came to trying yet a 3rd ornament this year!)

Again, go check out Michele Made Me's tutorial on the Heart House Ornament. I know you'll want to make one for yourself because I'm off to make more!



1 comments:

  1. Love, love, love the video, Dawn, it really shows off your ornaments! And, of course, great photos.

    ReplyDelete

 

Pinterest Update

Flickr Photostream

www.flickr.com